The Fortitude Foundation
The Fortitude Foundation (FF) was established December 14, 2007 by the Montgomery Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. as a 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation. The Fortitude Foundation supports projects and programs that address the needs of the local community in the areas of:
- Economic Development
- Educational Development
- International Awareness and Involvement
- Physical and Mental Health
- Political Awareness and Involvement
FF supports implementation of programs and public service projects that address the needs of the local community, especially the under-served.
FF strengthens and expands public service opportunities in Montgomery, Alabama and the surrounding area by:
- Serving as a resource and conduit to impact the educational, economic, cultural and social lives of the local community
- Preparing (especially African American and minority) women, children, and the elderly to make greater contributions in this community
- Soliciting funds to support and strengthen the programs of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Granting funds to organizations whose initiatives are consistent with Delta’s Programmatic thrusts
- Promoting the support of critical issues affecting African-American women and their families
- Serving as a fiscal agent for charitable contributions to public service and scholarship programs
The Fortitude Foundation operates exclusively for charitable purposes adhering to the guidelines of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or any corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue law). It fosters and promotes community-wide interest and concerns for the problems of the disadvantaged and under-represented citizens of the State of Alabama.